Pages

10/10/2011

The Latest Training Advice From Coach OB - It’s the Little Things

I was on a ride a few days ago with my training partner.  It was 70 degrees and sunny and I was wearing arm-warmers and leg-warmers.  When we met up, he looked at me and said, “You cold?”  “Nope!” I replied.  “I have a standing rule; I cover my legs if it is sunny and 70 or cloudy and 75.   It is extra important to keep them warm when the weather is changing—like now.”  “I’m not cold,” he came back.  “But this is just one of the little things I do to make me fast!” I said.  He came back with, “So if I wear leg-warmers I will be fast too?”

The more you put into this sport, the more you get out of it!  You can go full-gas and your riding reflects this.  Or, you can dabble in it and your riding will reflect that as well.  It is up to you.  This is where coaching can often make the difference.  A seasoned coach, like me, can make sure all those little things are in place to help you reach your goals.   In addition to advice on how to dress correctly coaching will provide you with the big things like a strength plan in the gym, a structured indoor trainer plan, and help in maximizing your diet. These are just some of the things that will help you get the most out of your training when spring is here.

For each of my riders, I build a custom training plan based on their goals and designed to maximize training time.  My detailed indoor trainer workouts are tailored to your fitness goals.  In addition, my programs include specific gym workouts that focus on making you stronger on the bike, as well as diet consultation if desired.   My clients range from those riders that just want to lose weight and stay fit to Category I racers.  Check out my website at www.coachob.com  and read my rider testimonials.  Whatever your goal, I will help you get there!


I am always available to answer questions regarding your cycling!


Eat Well!
Sleep Well!
Train Smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment